Friday, August 29, 2008

Sun Pictures Broome

Friday 29th August- Well we have been a whole week in Broome settling in. Met some nice folk in the Park that are passing through. Last night we went to the Sun Pictures cinema in Broome. It has been running since 1916. It is outdoors with the old deck chairs. I can still vaguely remember these from my childhood. It is a fascinating bit of history. The most exciting part is that the planes fly straight over top, so close you can nearly touch them. Causes a bit of a laugh as they fly overhead. There was a helicopter in the movie, I found myself looking up to the sky for the approaching plane. The party is on tomorrow so I will be getting my Marilyn outfit on. Must get you some pictures stay tuned. See ya soon Jan

1 comment:

Julia said...

Can't wait to see you all dressed up!
Lots of pics please..
Hugs julia