Friday, October 16, 2009

Still in 1770

Sunset in 1770

The weather here is perfect, lovely summer days and glorious breezes so why do I ask? do I get attacked by the sandflies. The evening we arrived I got bitten badly and after a few days succumbed to a visit to the doctor the bites have started an allergic reaction so I was put on a dose of Steroids. I thought they were coming good and I went and got bitten again last night so even paradise has its flaws. We took a trip to Gladstone on Tuesday and also checked out Tannun Sands and Turkey beach.

Pandanis Tree in Gladstone

Marina in Gladstone

Tannun Sands looks like a lovely area to spend some time in, while Turkey Beach looks very much like a fishing village.

Agnes Water Beach

Yesterday we spent the morning watching the kids swimming and riding their boogie boards at Agnes Water Beach. I managed a bit of a paddle but nothing too strenuous. It was a beautiful beach and their were lifeguards in attendance so it was quite safe for everyone to swim.

We have parked in 1770 in a council parking area and we received a move on notice on Tuesday but after a bit of persuasion we were able to stay until tomorrow when we were intending to leave anyhow. They understood that there was nowhere in town that would accommodate a vehicle of our size. So tomorrow we pack up and set off for greener pastures near Bundaberg.

Talk to you soon

Jan

2 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds like the sand flies love you Jan..
Beautiful photos!
It's warming up here at last..
Juolia ♥

Julia said...

Oops! can't even spell my own name.
Julia ♥