Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our New Year

By the way as you can see by my countdown widget on my side bar we are again being blessed with the anticipated arrival of another Great Grand child.  Corey and Ashleigh are expecting their first child which is due in July.  We are so excited!! Congratulations to both of you, we can't wait.  We managed to survive Christmas with the family.  An enjoyable day with about 19 of us.  We were entertained by viewing old old photos on the TV screen, having the odd giggle and with great grandson Ben whizzing around the lounge in his walker, almost doing burnouts as he rounded the coffee table to add to our amusement. We managed to keep him out of the kitchen with an obstacle barring his entrance, which I promptly responded to by nearly tripping over and falling flat on my face. lol.  Boxing day had us doing a sojourn to Bunbury City Speedway to watch Grandson Corey burn around the track in his street stock car no 68.
I now know why everyone wears sunglasses even though it is in the night.  The dirt and dust that the sprint cars throw up can be quite a health hazard, I'd forgotten about this aspect of the speedway although I can still recall the street sedans state titles in Collie when both sons competed, arriving home with the only part of me not covered in dirt was where I had my glasses on.lol.  Corey did well even though the track was wet and slippery, I think the sprint cars use the street stocks and juniors to mop up the track following the water truck leaving the track in perfect condition for them to race on.

  New Year was spent at Wandi with our fellow Motor Home Family, a beautiful meal was prepared on NYE followed by games of "a minute to win it", then to cap it off we participated in "laughter Yoga" directed by Claire, a visitor from the eastern states.

  I think if our kids looked in the hall we would all have been committed, but lots of joy and laughter prevailed.



  The weather was unpredictable with hot steamy days alternated with cool overcast days.
Disc Bowls added to the frivolity with competition close but with no one winning the sheep station.  We were also joined on Friday by #1 son on Friday showing us his new acquisition.  We spent the night before leaving for Wandi at #2 son's country property and were surrounded by lovely trees and birdsong.  
Our nearest neighbours were Pixie,
my granddaughter's miniature pony and Lulu, one of the family's adored pets.

 The family has purchased an acreage in a beautiful rural spot where they can unwind after a busy day and enjoy more of an outdoor life.  I agree with them it is a lovely retreat.  So have a Happy New Year everyone.  I hope 2012 is a very prosperous and healthy year for you all and all your dreams and desires come to fruition.  bless you all.

No comments: